Menu

"Less is More" curricula

Tracy

seeking resources that move students beyond simple replication/recitation to higher levels of critical thinking provides the "more." I seek the less by simply limiting how I structure our days.

This makes sense. I read these threads because I feel like I am taking tiny, baby steps to find this since it is my first time through the homeschool circuit (the woe of the oldest children). I think my situation is also common for people like myself who keep coming back to the idea of "which curriculum". Something I can see and read and question and tweak. I find myself much less tethered with my younger.

It is helpful to hear from the people "ahead".

So I think that this is a philosophical question. I think it is about efficient learning by engaged students. And which resources help to achieve that depends on your particular student.

Ruth in NZ

You are right. I think the amount of resources is irrelevant if the subject is going okay for you (teacher/student)