Menu

Persuasive writing? best curricula that teaches this?

I failed my middle son (hates to write!!) so here he is in Sophmore....struggled with WWS1 and now trying to decide to continue with WWS2 or go with LToW which I can't afford to get the full program.  I really need him to be up to par on writing.  He is a master in the English Mechanics but hates to write.  He knows how to structure a sentence and knows parsing/diagramming.  He does it well. The act of writing sucks!  I know from  my oldest son's experience in college (he loves to write though) that my middle needs to know writing very well.  So he is behind and I have to catch him up.   I know he needs to learn other forms of writing besides persuasive.  

I know LToW is the way to go but I can't afford it and do not have the time due to full time job outside the home.  

Thanks!

Holly

aarrggg!  Well spoke to my son about the whole thing and no he doesn't hate to write.  He actually said WWS1 is EASY!!!  I guess I do not know what to do at this point.  sigh!!!  He likes the program but its easy.  Does this mean he is learning anything or not?  

Take a look at The Write Foundation Levels 1 and 2 -- paragraphs, essays (5-paragraph and extended), research papers, timed writing, editing, sentence structure, and poetry. Very comprehensive, easy to teach (30-45 minutes per day for teacher), and great price for the content. No need to put together resources.