Menu

ISO: Shooting or Archery clubs? in VA

My 11 yr. old is really into the military and all he wants to do is shoot and he does also enjoy archery.  That is about the only thing he is "passionate" about.  We would like for him to have one outside activity besides church functions because our other kids have one activity they are in and we hate for him to miss out. We tried getting him into other things and interests but it never lasted.  So the past couple years he has done nothing and with homeschooling I feel you need to have at least one thing to call your own.  My oldest is into everything and I feel my middle child is just lost in the middle of our other kids and I don't want him to be neglected.  We are trying to find some type of organization where he could practice and maybe compete if there is any such thing out there.  He really wants to join CAP or something similiar next year but just trying to find something for him now until he is 12.  Any suggestions?  We live in VA.  We have looked into 4H and haven't found any clubs around where we live.  TIA