Menu

Multiple Foreign Languages Question

My son is getting close to high school age.  He has studied multiple foreign languages (French, Arabic, Mandarin, Ancient Greek at a slow pace) for many years now.  He is progressing in each of them and I don't really want to drop one, but I see how it would be best to have a main one for 4 credits of study during the high school years.  What are my transcript options for recording progress for the other languages?  The most time he would have to dedicate to foreign language study would be 2 hours a day and one of those hours would be towards the main language - French.  

Some people also allow for cumulative credits earned over all four years of high school. So maybe it works out to only a credit or two over the whole four years, but it is recorded as being studied. It could work well if you could find an outside test or some form of verification to show that over the course of the four years he gained such and such level of competence.

I'm interested to hear what you can figure out. My son is a bit of a languages fiend and I see the same issue being a problem later along for us.