Menu

What new curriculum are you most excited about starting this year?

The 1989 edition of Konos is what's new to me and I'm really excited about that because I never got to do it with my older kids.

Other than that, I'm just looking forward to seeing my all-time favourites for first grade through the fresh new eyes of a different child, a different stage in my own life, and a different period in history.

I am excited about starting Cottage Press language skills primers and Flip Flop Spanish. Also, I am trying something new with our extra subjects. I am going to do ten weeks each of art, music, logic, and geography. I used to schedule this weekly, and they would often get bumped. We are all excited about the full book shelf of literature I have for read alouds. Hopefully SOTW, Miquon, Life of Fred, Fan Math, and interest lead science will still be exciting. WRTR is never exciting for them, but this momma is excited to see their spelling and reading improve.

We started Science in the Beginning last week and we love the lessons and format.

Simon and Faith both started Apples and Pears (different levels) and I think it will be a good fit. They seem to really like it.

Can't wait to start CAP Fables with my boys in a couple weeks!