Menu

If you have used Visual Link Spanish Level One....

Did you try to use the lesson plans?  I'm having trouble following the lesson plans because they don't match  what I'm seeing on the computer screen.  This has been incredibly frustrating to try to understand.    For example, if the lesson plans say to do Leccion 1, Groups 1&2, Part 1, there is NOTHING on the computer screen with these terms. Also, nothing on the computer screen lessons is numbered.  The lessons for Culture in the plans are no where to be found on the computer!  I would like to follow the lesson plans because there are oral quizzes that I can give ds or discuss the material with him to make sure he is understanding the lessons.  

I've spent this morning trying to figure out how to read the lesson plans and match them to what I see on the computer screen, and I have had little to no success.  This makes me feel like ditching the plans and having my ds just keep up with time alone following the order suggested on the computer tutorial.  If we don't use the lesson plans, it will be very awkward and difficult to try to use the oral quizzes.  

Based on my morning's experience, the Visual Link Spanish program may be fine, but the non-matching lesson plans are terribly confusing and frustrating.

Should I just ditch the lesson plans and have ds just go through the program in an orderly way OR should we try to figure out how to use the lesson plans (with handy dandy quizzes)?????

HELP!

We have the Visual Link program but I didn't even know there were any lesson plans!  :closedeyes: So we are just going through the lessons as the computer directs and doing the quizzes as they come up in the software.  I'll be very interested to see what anyone else has to say about whether or not the lesson plans are necessary or not.  And if they are, where I can find them ...

We have the Visual Link program but I didn't even know there were any lesson plans!  :closedeyes: So we are just going through the lessons as the computer directs and doing the quizzes as they come up in the software.  I'll be very interested to see what anyone else has to say about whether or not the lesson plans are necessary or not.  And if they are, where I can find them ...

I got the lesson plans through Visual Link.  They only have lesson plans for Level One.  It is reassuring that you've just followed the computer directions.  Thank you for responding.

UPDATE:  I emailed VLS to ask them about this situation.  The reply was that the lesson plans are offered with the Instructor's Toolkit for Teacher's Resources.  These are not offered with Level I program neither advertised any where on the website.

If you've purchased VLS, don't worry about not having the lesson plans.  Based on my experience, it is intended to just go through the program as is.  There is a 3-in-1 workbook that IS advertised on their webpage.  It is a FREE resource and goes along with Level I only.