Menu

Need Best tips and advice for first craft show

bzymom

I am hoping to try to make few $$ at a couple of local craft shows in September. I am planning to crochet hats (animals, seasonal and some in local school colors), and make headbands. The headbands are similar to the Sweatybands, and I have been making them for my daughter and her friends for quite awhile.

I am working on making inventory now, but thinking ahead to an inviting display, pricing, how much to make, etc.

I would love any suggestions! Thank you.

I would encourage you to bring cards with your contact info and have a sign that you are available for custom orders. Lots of people go to shows and then a week or two later wish they had bought something.  And you might get some business if you offer custom work. 

Do you know anyone who has sold at the show you're going to? Some shows are full of folks just looking while other shows bring in lots of buyers.  

Lots of folks around here bring their crafts stuff and make product while they man the booth.  People seeing you crochet will reinforce that you make these things and not buy them from someone else. 

Wear a fanny pack turned to the front as your cash box so you always have it with you. Bring $50 in small bills to start your day. Colorful solid cloth draped over small boxes on your table helps to make an interesting display. Practice counting back change. Stash a few snacks and bottled water under your table. Make plenty of inventory. Investigate competitive pricing online. It is nice to have some low-priced items that kids can afford.