Menu

*sigh* what family comes up with....

AMJ

Last week we went to Fuddrucker's to meet DH for lunch and discovered they had donut holes on the menu.  I ordered 2 orders (one of each flavor) and paid for them with our lunch, but when we were picking up our food I was told there were no donut holes.  I was offered a voucher so I could get them on another visit (was curious why they didn't just refund my money, but we like the food there and would be back), and when she brought the voucher I found out that they had them, but simply didn't make them that day. 

Today we returned to Fudd's again for lunch, with me calling a couple of hours ahead of time to make sure they would have the donut holes.  They did, and cashed in my voucher.  Unfortunately, the orders were small (3 "holes" in each, at $1 per order), and NOT what I consider donuts at all.  They used bread dough, specifically, the bread dough they make their buns out of.  While it makes yummy sandwich buns it made for some rather dense and odd-tasting "donut holes".

Whereupon DH promptly asks me, "So, does that made them 'bun holes'?"    :ack2: :angry:

Not the imagery I want to have in my head at lunch, thank you!  (Especially after last week, when he called ME to task for an "unsavory" topic of discussion at the table.)

And we wonder why our kids tend to repeat outlandish things....

lol, I would have snickered at the bun hole comment but it doesn't bother us to talk of all kinds of obscenities while eating.

3 little donut holes doesn't sound like much per order, I would be more upset of lack of food...however, only a dollar is a bargain.

lol, I would have snickered at the bun hole comment but it doesn't bother us to talk of all kinds of obscenities while eating.

3 little donut holes doesn't sound like much per order, I would be more upset of lack of food...however, only a dollar is a bargain.

No, I expected twice as many as we received, given the going price of donut holes at bakeries and other restaurants.  Just as well.  The things did NOT taste at all right, and there was a total fiasco I had not detailed on the first day, when I had ordered and paid for them and received a voucher.  Definitely a major flaw in how they handled that "hole" affair.

Will we eat there again?  Yeah, probably.  They do quite well with the usual and expected items on the menu.  I don't know why on earth they decided to branch out in this unusual direction.  I'll be contacting the Fudd's headquarters to recommend they drop that item back off the menu.