Menu

Math Questions

firerose78

Ok so I have been doing my own thing with math because I don't want any Common Sore stuff leaking into my homeschooling.  So I do want a spiral program.  I just need help because there is a ton of stuff out there and I do have two different learners. One is very quick picking up topics.  Very logical.  The other is very artsy and is a lefty.  She likes to play and gets board easy.... Can anyone please help me????  Too many choices.

Oh and they are in 1st and 2nd grade.

Thank you,

Mother of 4 NY

Christian Light Education comes closest to what may interest you, I think. The placement test is free. The lessons are LONG!

www.clp.org

Horizons perhaps?

McRuffy maybe??

Saxon tried and true but LOTS of work for you {haha!}

ABeka lots of parts and books to juggle but very good if you can handle that.

Seconding Christian Light.  We've used it for 7 years now, with three very different boys.  DS1--logic boy, numbers whiz.  He can self-teach.  (He just finished CLE 700 and has moved into Saxon Algebra).  DS2--dreamer, animal lover, more forgetful--he doesn't self teach as much, but the setup of CLE, the spiraling, has been VERY helpful to keep him from forgetting.  I have had to do more hands-on (and there are suggestions in the TG for using household items for math manipulatives) and we've had to stop and review sometimes, but he does well on standardized tests and does well in math overall.  DS3 is just starting CLE Math 1, and I think he will be more like DS1, quick with numbers.

Betsy

Christian Light Education comes closest to what may interest you, I think. The placement test is free.

www.clp.org

• 2 weeks later...