Menu

another technical printer question

ProudGrandma

someone here several years ago told me how to set my printer to only print black unless I set it to do color...(right now it's set to do color unless I tell it to only do black)...and then I bought a new printer and I don't remember how to do that...can anybody here help me?  If it's needed I have a Samsung xpress c460fw laser printer.  thanks.

I don't have that kind of printer, but for the printers I have had, the printer allows you to press "black and white copy" or "color copy" when you are just copying a page that you put into the printer yourself.

If you are printing a page from your computer, then usually you specify "black and white" on your computer.  When you click "print," a window with options should pop up on your computer screen.  Sometimes you will have to click on something that says "more options" (or "more print settings," or something along those lines).  There should be an option of clicking on color or black and white somewhere in there.