Menu

What should I buy with coupon from Critical Thinking Company?

I have the 40% off coupon for Critical Thinking Company from HSBC and I'm trying to decide what to order. I am really, really bothered by CTC's astronomical shipping charges ($30 for the K bundle) that I'm not sure I want to buy as much as I was planning. DS has the Pre-K bundle and has finished the thinking book and is about a third of the way through the second math book.

The K bundle has two thinking books, any reviews or recommendations?

Should we keep going with their math books or switch? I'm thinking of starting DS with Singapore or Math in Focus. Would CTC math books be a good supplement or overkill?

Any other thoughts or recommendations? Thanks!

We use CTC math as a supplement to Singapore.  I don't think it is overkill, as it is spiral vs. linear, and the bright colorful pages are more fun for review than some of the Singapore black-and-white pages.  We do 2-3 pages of CTC each day as a quick math warm-up, then do something else like history, then go back to math for our Singapore "lesson."

I think I have figured out that getting about $160 in products, with the $20 shipping, minus the 40% coupon, you only pay about $100 total.  I looked at the 2nd bundle and I think a lot of the products we just wouldn't use.  Plus, like you said, the shipping is even more!  I am going to get the math, math supplement for 2-4, language smarts, reading detective, and a few smaller thinking skills books.  I have looked at the Building Thinking Skills a number of times, but have never really been sold on it.  I think it is the big books that add to the shipping cost, as they weigh so much.  I had a coupon for 10% off plus free shipping, but the 40% is still better.

Have you looked into ebooks or the software to avoid shipping? I am thinking about some of those. Plus ebooks can be printed and used for youngers.

I have soooo many of their books I am looking at. Balance Math and the Detective series maybe.

I am not fond of their "can you find me series".

I am doing the mathematical reasoning for Pre K and I am not sure if I will continue for KG or switch to Miquon. Or I might use it with Miquon.AGHHHHH!!

Sorry, I'm no help. :lol: