Menu

How do you show ALEKS ACE credit on transcript/ report card?

For our IHIP, quarterly reports & report cards this year I have put Algebra 2 for DS (doing TT Alg 2). He just passed the Intermediate Algebra course through ALEKS and was approved through ACE Credit.

How do I show this on the report card for the last quarter? I don't think I can just change the course name to "ACE Intermediate Algebra" now, but don't think it would look right to add a 2nd math course either... Do I just write it in the quarterly report & not show it on the actual report card?

How have you handled this?

Thanks!

Kathy

Do you put "ACE" in the class name, or does this not really matter at this point? Perhaps I am making this harder than it needs to be.

I am new to the whole preparing for college/transcript situation, and want to do what will work best in the  long run...

Thanks!

I really don't think the ACE will matter. Intermediate algebra is rarely granted college credit anyway (it is considered to be a developmental class). 

This is kind of what I was starting to think for this year. Then when he goes ahead with pre-calc & calculus next year or the following year, I would add the ACE designation right from the start (on the IHIP) and assume that he will pass the ALEKS assessment.

As an addendum: I would not assume that just because he has passed the ALEKS ACE assessment, he will be granted credit automatically. Many (most? none I've been at) universities do not have procedures to deal with credit granted by ALEKS and would require him to take a different test as well. Of course, this is irrelevant if you've already got one in mind.