Menu

Atelier for Art - is it really worth it?

prim*rose

How many kids will use it? I used it when all four where home, it took up our Friday afternoons because they really got into it and it was FUN! Oh, and they did learn some art techniques.

I bought Artistic Pursuits last year when only had one kid home...and we never used it because it wasn't nearly as much fun as the Atelier.

Just buy one chunk at a time, not a whole year at once, and see it you like it.

IMHO, it is worth it. :) I have levels 1-7 and LOVE them all!!!!

I would suggest finding it used from the swap board, ebay, or another sales board. Make sure it has the parents manual (you only need ONE to use for all levels 1-7), and that the lesson plans are included with the dvd's/vhs. The art prints are necessary, you can find the pictures online or in a book, but it is convenient to have. :)

Yes, yes, yes! I searched and found a used set, and, though it was still expensive, it was well worth it. I may sound overly enthusiastic after only one lesson, but dd loves it and has made beautiful artwork. It inspired her to keep going after the lesson was done. I did a lot of research beforehand--thanks again, Tina in Wa :001_smile:--and I am very pleased. I'm afraid art wouldn't happen here without it.

Worth it, especially since even if you cannot buy it used, I have had great luck in selling my sets after we use them for $80-100. Means I only shelled out $50 for the whole course (and used it with multiple kids). And since around here, a 6 week art class cost $100-$150, I think $150 for 18 classes is a pretty good deal! Another idea, this summer I had my sister in law split the cost with me, and the kids did the class together at my house. Once a week we got together and they did the projects, so I only had to pay $75 and I had 3 kids participating. So, we have loved it so far, and in my mind it is well worth it. Great projects, real art instruction, and some wonderful frameable art work to treasure. In fact, since school started back we have not done it (her kids are not homeschooled) and just today my kids were whining about wanting to have art class.