Menu

Please critique my science plan for 6th grade

My daughter just finished plato middle physical science class and she really liked the subject that she wants to do it again next year. We did the course without labs. She saw exploration education website and she is interested in the projects. I plan for next year to do physical science again but more in depth.So we are going to use exploration education the advanced one mainly for the labs part and ASKME COURSE through Ut Austin online high school( based on case study).

Please tell me if she is ready for a high school course based on doing only plato science or I need to wait another year or two?

What kind of textbook should I use with these programs? She is going to do Algebra as well with Aops next year.

Do you suggest any documentaries, living books.....etc to make the course more meaty.

Any reviews of exploration education and ASKME course .Do they worth the money spent?

Thanks

You can usually pick up used textbooks for pennies on the dollar at amazon. I'd buy a cheap copy and look. Kolbe Academy uses the Wysession Physical Science textbook for 8th/9th grade (whenever you start algebra). Here's a link to that book on amazon:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/0130366145/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2HC0RUSW72N3J

I don't know about Conceptual Physics, but I'm planning to read through Hewitt's Conceptual Integrated Science in 7th and 8th with DS so he gets a taste of a high school science textbook and how to learn from it.