Menu

Classical Conversations with littles

Guest 4froggies

Guest 4froggies

Has anyone done classical conversations Foundations and Essentials while still having littles?  I am going to have my oldest in Challenge next year, and am considering CC for my middle three (11,8,5).  However, I will have a two year old and am and due in October.  Is this just asking for an overwhelmed mama?  Thanks!

I can't offer a lot of advice, but I at least wanted to give you a response. :) We had our first year of CC this year and I have three boys ages 8, 5, and 3. I kept the three year old with me and didn't utilize the nursery. Another mom kept her nursing infant with her as well. My kids seemed to really enjoy the CC days and have learned a lot. I have pre-enrolled for Essentials and Foundations next year, but I'm still on the fence about Essentials. CC days are long, and staying an extra two hours will be a stretch for us. Only you can determine if it would be a lot for your family to handle. :) If you really wanted to give it a shot, you could maybe do Essentials for the olders and skip Foundations completely? Or do Foundations and skip Essentials? I'm sure my ramblings were of no help, but I wish you the best in figuring out what works for your family!

You're going to be required to be in classes the whole day. Unless you can keep a newborn and a toddler happily occupied for almost 3 hours twice during the day, you will have to utilize a nursery (assuming they have one). Depending on the nursery situation, your two year old might not be able to nap in the afternoon. It personally sounds exhausting to me. I would do just challenge and Essentials if you can.

Beth