Menu

There are no reviews for Study Time Math on the review forum....

Susie in MS

If you have used this can you please share with me. Especially if you have used R&S enough to compare the two.

I have a terrible time with the search on this forum. Study Time brings up everything and the next universe. I did try.

Also I have only used R&S 1-3 (only half done with 3 and taking our dear sweet time at it too), so I don't know just how much of a change there is between 3 and 4. I know 1-3 focus on facts, facts, facts. My dd has needed this, and no matter what else we have used for math we always have come back to R&S for more work on those facts. Right now I am having her do 1/2 lesson each day and at this rate she will be at this book for 2 miserable years. But if that is what it takes...... Anyway, I don't know how much repetition is needed once you get to book 4. It could be that at that point facts are pretty well mastered and concepts are introduced quicker??? 

Why am I rambling? Because I tried MCP, but concepts were introduced in a matter of days. There is no way my dd could have memorized her facts before they moved to the next thing. So we went back to R&S. I am looking at Study Time because it is a wkbk. I don't know how quickly they move. How do they compare to R&S? I know we can still write in the R&S book in the 4th grade, but it looks to be a bit crowded. How well does ST do at explaining concepts compared to R&S? Can the child work independently or is there a lot of teaching required? 

Anything you can think of would be appreciated. I sure wish R&S had wkbks all the way thru....and I don't mean supplemental wkbks either.

Oh yes, thank you, Hunter. I did finally figure out how to retrieve tags (which works so much better than the search). But I still don't have a clear picture.

I don't know how quickly they move. How do they compare to R&S?

How well does ST  explain concepts compared to R&S?

Can the child work independently or is there a lot of teaching required? 

From reading the above post I *think* they don't move too quickly (I am specifically looking at year 4), there is a small amt of teacher interaction but mostly independent work, and the wkbk explains the concepts well. 

Was this an accurate observation?