Menu

Geography, Science, History

Emagine

ACK! I am at it again. We HS Jan-Oct and here I was thinking I was set. I began Trail Guide World and book D in Maps, Charts and Graphs but my kids are wanting way more. They are into Maps and exploring the world, landmarks and such. We have crafted a few things along the way and they love it but they are not into the whole book, read aloud stuff. We can not keep their attention. Too ADHD, too sensory and Autistic. We have all the Geo Puzzles, we do Seterra, etc.

I thought about going back to SOTW that I attempted a couple of years ago also knowing it would tie into History and Geo. I have the complete set including the Audio CD. It was a flop last time. I am on the fence. So far we have tried just living books, Liberty Kids, etc.

Science, oh Science... my kids LOVE science. We do AHA, we do Evan Moor Daily. We are about to start Lego Robotics. We also watch a ton of shows, do a good bit of exploring, experiments, snap circuits. I started Sassafras and they hated it. Another have too 'book'. However they will read books if I leave them around and I am so far ok with that. I just hope I am not missing something by not doing a curri. I just ordered a Nature Study book and a Young Scientist Kit off Amazon. They are very hands on with learning.

Am I missing anything with them? I also am not doing a Foreign Language.   My oldest is delayed in Spelling and such and I just have not wanted to go there with the struggles. My kids age wise are 11 and 8.

Would love some out of the box thoughts. I feel ok in other areas for the moment.