Menu

Experience with TPS World History?

Does anyone have any experience with TPS's World History courses? 

I'd appreciate any feedback on either World History course... types of assignments, number/type/length/frequency of writing assignments, amount of reading per week, ... 

If your student has also taken a VP Omni course, how did it compare?

I've heard that the writing level required for World History is fairly high. What writing experience did your student have prior to the class?

Were you happy with the level of class discussions?

Did your student enjoy the course? 

If your student took the SAT World History test after the course, was he happy with his score?

Thanks for any thoughts or feedback!  (Please PM if you prefer!)

yvonne

Thank you so much, littlemommy, for the feedback!  I did have a couple email conversations with Mr. Crosby, and he was very helpful. I guess the World History classes are new. From what he was telling me they sound fantastic. There's a serious writing element to them which I really like.... one research paper each semester, using "proper historical research and writing method..." and four exams/year with an "emphasis on short answer/essay questions." They also have students read a variety of other secondary texts and primary sources, not just one textbook. I'm not sure my boys' writing is at the level needed for the course, so we'll probably wait a year.