Menu

Does anyone not like Tabletclass?

We are using Pre-Alg and it seems to work for my DS.  I personally wish there were additional lectures- so if I didn't understand something there would be another lecture on the same topic.  I also have trouble remembering to "update" our status so then I can't remember if we did a particular exercise or not.  It is basic not a lot of extras, but gives a solid discussion of the materials. The instructor also offers supplemental YouTube videos and is now offering the "workbook"  and test pages as a separate book so you don't have to do all the work off a screen.  I think the printable workbook is a nice addition but haven't purchased it yet. 

I supplement with a textbook, Khan Academy and several  other sources though because I am really bad at math and want to understand it as well as DS.  Since I supplement, I can't really review the material on a stand alone basis.  KWIM?   

We did not have a good experience...but it was probably just us.  I tried it for my strong math student...he went through CLE 800.  He was fine until the 'systems' chapter.  There was not enough explanation and he got stuck - and then he decided to use the answers at the bottom of of the problems.  They are always there and you can't get rid of them...it's too much temptation for him.  I also didn't think there were enough problems for each lesson - sometimes only 1, 2 or 3.  It wasn't enough.  I don't think there was enough review for him as well.  Anyway, there is a lot of extras that they author supplies as already mentioned.  I tried to contact him for help, but he directed us there.  I had my son go back through the whole chapter he was cheating with and re-do the whole thing again using Khan to supplement.  I couldn't help him so that's my fault also.  I'm sure we could have made it work but the combination of things made me switch him to TT.  I was hesitant to do that because so much was review and I knew it would be too 'easy' for him and it has been.  But, he has soared along and is doing great finally getting to new things.  It was definitely worth the money and I will put him in something more advanced later on if necessary after the understanding and love of math returns.  He was hating it and thinking he was suddenly terrible at math, etc, etc.