Menu

Elementary Logic Sequence Suggestions

SeaConquest

I'm struggling to figure out a good elementary logic sequence. We did Lollipop Logic 1-3 and the first Critical Thinking Activities in Patterns/Logic book this year. Next year, I was planning to do Analogies for Beginners, the Logic Safari books, and Mindbenders book 2. Is there anything else you would include for a logic-loving kid?

Do you have an elementary logic sequence you could share? I'm struggling to figure out a good sequence for all the books from Prufrock, CTC, Mindware, etc.  

Thanks!

I'm struggling to figure out a good elementary logic sequence. We did Lollipop Logic 1-3 and the first Critical Thinking Activities in Patterns/Logic book this year. Next year, I was planning to do Analogies for Beginners, the Logic Safari books, and Mindbenders book 2. Is there anything else you would include for a logic-loving kid?

Do you have an elementary logic sequence you could share? I'm struggling to figure out a good sequence for all the books from Prufrock, CTC, Mindware, etc.

Thanks!

Hhmm, not an expert by far as my dd is still young...but we have worked through all the Lollipop Logic books, Critical Thinking, and Safari Logic you are thinking of. Honestly, if you did all 3 LL books, I think you will find Analogies for Beginners quite basic. Safari Logic is listed I think as 2nd grade, but after exposure to LL it will go VERY quickly. Even Mindbenders 2 may be a bit simple, although be just finished level 1.

I have just ordered the first few books of this critical thinking and logic series, as I liked the fact that there are multiple logic activities included. It should be here soon and I can let you know:)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1494830930/ref=pd_aw_sbs_1?pi=SL500_SY115

I put my DD6 into Logic Safari immediately with no prior logic before and she caught on with one explanation. Personally I would use a lot of different puzzles and games - word and mathematics ones. I know we were thrown into logic problems of the adult variety in grade 6 with no previous logic training and we did fine too. Logic also needs to be taught in real life. There are plenty of free print outs for logic games and puzzles on the internet too that you can use.