Menu

FLL4: I want your thoughts

m0mmaBuck

We finished FLL3 3 years ago, and I felt that the amount of review in FLL4 would not be helpful.  We spent a year trying 4 different grammar programs, then took a year off, and now we're back to FLL 4.  There is a lot of overlap.  If FLL is a good fit but you're concerned about too much review, you could take a year off from grammar and then start FLL 4.

We went from FLL2 to FLL4 because of dd's age and grade and what I read in TWTM.  DD is 9 going on 10 and has no issues with FLL4.  She loves it.  We do split the majority of lessons in half and do FLL 4 times per week.  For 5th thru 8th we are going to be using Exercises in English 2013.  http://loyolapress.com/exercises-in-english-2013-edition.htm

Loyola press also puts out a program called Voyages in English which is writing and grammar.  

Both are secular and made for the ps systems (I callled because they are a catholic printing company.)   

They have substantial samples of each online and older copies of EIE are available through Rainbow Resources.