Menu

Streams of Civilization Vol. 1, can a 10th grader do this?

Guest kacifl

Guest kacifl

I have a homeschool friend who asked if I knew if her ds could take Streams of Civilization 1 in 10th grade. She is going to have him do it in one sememster and do SOC Vol. 2 in the second semester, a total of two credits for history.

I've looked on the internet and some sites mention SOC Vol. 1 is for grades 7-9th and some 8-10th. Does it even matter? K

I have a homeschool friend who asked if I knew if her ds could take Streams of Civilization 1 in 10th grade. She is going to have him do it in one sememster and do SOC Vol. 2 in the second semester, a total of two credits for history.

I've looked on the internet and some sites say it is for grades 7-9th and some 8-10th. K

Yes, I've used Streams with 9th and 10th graders before. Doing both volumes in one year can be done, and it will provide a nice survey. It won't leave you much time for other reading to flesh out the course though. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for.

It would be good as a spine to supplement with literature. It is a little dry. I am using it as a supplement for my 9th grader with TOG. I am also using Human Odyssey. HO is really good. Mystery of History is also good. I don't have experience with it but several of my friends have used it in high school and loved it.