Menu

BJU Reading DVD program?

Folks,

Any feedback on the Bob Jones DVD Reading program for special needs kids? Especially those with poor comprehension, autism, or hyperlexia? I'm looking at level 3 or 4. Caveat is that my son is 15 and the presentation might be too childish, and he has become very sensitive to this.

Thoughts?

My kids' fondest memories of BJU DVDs include Miss Liston teaching BJU Reading 4, I believe.  The theme is the Wild West and they do silent movies throughout.  We all thought they were so funny!  I'm not sure if they have revamped this, but I would watch the online samples and see what you think.

Brenda

Thank you for the feedback. I thought the online sample was very engaging. Could work well for a visual/auditory learner like mine.

What materials beside the dvd are needed?

Also is there anything anti Catholic in the 4th grade BJU dvd reading program? We are Catholic and I'm ok with a bit of Protestabt worldview so long as there is not overt anti Catholic statements.

We will use Catholic Heritage curricula for 4th grade history and science.