Menu

Meaningful Composition or IEW?

I am trying to finalize my curriculum for my oldest who will be 9th next year.  He enjoys creative writing and has a strong ability in it.   I know we need to do a little more structured writing and really help him strengthen essays and more formal papers as training for college. 

One of my issues was that Meaningful composition didn't appear complete and I did not want to start that and not be able to finish and switch programs.  I spoke with the Meaningful Composition author about the lack of high school books available and if they will be doing them.  they are all slated to be finalized this summer/early fall. 

So, insight as to which you would lean towards?  My son is a strong writer but can be a bit lazy if he is not motivated by what he is doing.  We are working on that, but really haven't overcome that yet.  SIGH

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I've not used Meaningful Composition, but I've taught a co-op class using IEW for the last two and a half years.  Looking at MC, it seems to be  a lot of books to get through to cover the various kinds of writing. I taught the US History Volume 1 IEW book this year, and it covered all 9 units of IEW.  The only thing I think the 9 units lack is true literary analysis writing. The literary critique unit is more of a book report. IEW does have Windows to the World, though, which teaches literary analysis. 

If you used IEW would you want video or are you willing to go through TWSS and use their books?