Menu

IEW All Things Fun & Fascinating Lesson 14 - Please share!

kagmypts

I am getting ready to begin working with my daughter on lesson 14 (A Three-Paragraph Report: Animal Homes), and I know that she is going to be overwhelmed!  I would love to see what other students have done with the assignment.  I will be happy to share her writing once she has completed it (next week).  Thank you so much.

ETA - She is currently in fourth grade if it matters.

You take 4 weeks to do that particular paper correct?  One week on beavers, one week on ants, ect...So, each week, we did that one paragraph with all the dress ups.  By the fourth week, all we had to do was to add an introduction sentence and a concluding sentence and stick all the paragraphs together.  We had already done all the dress-ups.  There's another paper with inventors later in the book.  We took 4 weeks for that one also.  Am I missing something?

Beth

You take 4 weeks to do that particular paper correct?  One week on beavers, one week on ants, ect...So, each week, we did that one paragraph with all the dress ups.  By the fourth week, all we had to do was to add an introduction sentence and a concluding sentence and stick all the paragraphs together.  We had already done all the dress-ups.  There's another paper with inventors later in the book.  We took 4 weeks for that one also.  Am I missing something?

Beth

That is correct.  We have done the writing assignment for beavers, ants, and bees.  Did you literally just add two sentences for that lesson (an opening sentence as well as a clincher)?  Did you add transitions between the paragraphs?  

I am bumping this for the morning crowd, but I am also wondering if there are any IEW specific forums/groups.  I saw a poster in another thread reference a Yahoo group, and I am currently awaiting approval.  I am really wanting to see comparable writing!  

Thank you again!