Menu

GA high school reqs

Can someone please help me understand this wording regarding Science classes:

"The four science units should include two courses with a laboratory component. Georgia public high school graduates
should have at least one unit of biology, one unit of physical science or physics, one unit of chemistry, earth systems,
environmental science, or an advanced placement course, and a fourth science."

My son has Biology, Chemistry and Environmental Science. He will be taking Physics soon. These reqs seem to say chemistry and environmental are choices for the 3rd science and that one of them won't be considered a 4th science. They do offer a list of acceptable Science suggestions, none of which our online school offers. Do I need to track down one of those acceptable classes or do you think the 4 he has will be sufficient? I'm terrible at creating a course on my own, so this new information is stressing me out.

Can someone please help me understand this wording regarding Science classes:

"The four science units should include two courses with a laboratory component. Georgia public high school graduates
should have at least one unit of biology, one unit of physical science or physics, one unit of chemistry, earth systems,
environmental science, or an advanced placement course, and a fourth science."

My son has Biology, Chemistry and Environmental Science. He will be taking Physics soon. These reqs seem to say chemistry and environmental are choices for the 3rd science and that one of them won't be considered a 4th science. They do offer a list of acceptable Science suggestions, none of which our online school offers. Do I need to track down one of those acceptable classes or do you think the 4 he has will be sufficient? I'm terrible at creating a course on my own, so this new information is stressing me out.

The four you have--biology, chemistry, environmental science and physics--will suffice. The only two that are specified are biology and physics or physical science. The other two can be anything.