Menu

Word Problems...Had to Share.

We had a red letter day in math today.  I know you all will understand.

Today dd11 asked if she should do another page of math.  I told her that if it was something she could work on independently then she could go ahead.  She said, "Oh, it's all word problems...those are easy so I can do it on my own." :svengo:  :w00t:

THEN

I was telling ds7 to wait a moment so I could help him with his word problems (he's still working on reading skills but has seemed to really take off in the last couple of weeks) and he replied, "Mom, I think I can do these on my own now that I can read them."  And he DID!   :party:

Some of you may not think this is as amazing as I do, but I've struggled to teach math to my dyscalculiac dd14 for years and still have to help her through her word problems, so to have been able to teach my next two in line how to decode and work these word problems on there own is HUGE to me!

:D  I feel like the best homeschooler in the world right now...and I'm going to enjoy it because I know tomorrow that feeling will be dashed upon the rocks of trying to get dd5 to call a 10 a 10 instead of calling it a 12.  LOL!