Menu

Singapore Intensive Practice now only US edition?

sweetpea3829

My kiddo is finishing up his Singapore 2A and 2B early so I'm shopping for 3A and 3B a bit earlier than normal.  I just noticed that Intensive Practice is now listed as US Edition!  Is it no longer compatible with Standards Edition?  I just checked the Intensive 2A and 2B books and they don't specify that they are for either edition.

Is there any change to the actual content of the books, or just the cover?  LOL! 

Granted we only started using SM1 a bit over a year ago but it's only been US edition over that time. I think the IP books are simply a US edition thing. We still use them. The topics don't always match up perfectly but they serve their purpose beautifully and I just make minor topic-order adaptations.

IP has always been tied to US edition only.

I didn't notice any major shifts until Gr 3 or 4.... at that point there were some topics from the Standards book A that were in IP B and vice versa. I still found IP to be extremely useful.

So, come to find out, when I was flipping through IP2A, I noticed on the title page that it references US Edition, lol.  Come to think of it, there has been a time or two where I've noticed IP didn't necessarily align completely with the Textbook/Workbook...but I never really paid attention to it.  We use IP for math review a couple of times a week and for over the summer.