Menu

Resistent Starch?? anyone used it?

PrincessMommy

My sis - who has done Atkins, then Primal is taking RS along with her husband.  She think it would help me.     I'm not so sure.  They tend to run after the new fad type stuff.  Me, I'm still doing Atkins (when I'm good), not willing to go Primal. 

She says it's helped with her mood issues, but she's only been doing RS for about 3weeks.  She also said other people have had great success with losing the stubborn 20lbs.  I definitely have a stubborn 20 (more like 30 now that the half-century mark is less than a month away). 

It seems that RS is pretty popular in the primal circles.  Anyone tried it?

I'm reading different articles/blogs (my BIL sent me a link to one blog).  Although there does seem to be some actual studies on it, I'm not fully convinced.  I want it to be the magic bullet.... but I'm skeptical.

Are you talking about Hi-Maize? I read about it in a book about Resistant Starch and bought this special King Arthur flour with it.  I love it…but honestly, it hasn't helped me lose weight or anything. I just like it for the extra fiber.

The KA Flour is a bit expensive, so I bought a big bag of Hi-Maize on Amazon and mix it into my regular flour…about 1:4 ratio.  Not as well blended as the KA stuff, but more affordable.