Menu

Age 45-first gyno visit in a few yrs-generally healthy-what do I need to ask her?

HappyGrace

It isn't strictly a gyno thing, but when I saw my family doctor a couple of months ago (and got the well woman part done during the visit), I discussed with her when she would want to start testing me for diabetes, since I have heavy family history of it. Also, I would discuss whatever protocols would be appropriate *for you* re: breast cancer, since family history might dictate different things. And at 45, I would also talk about what to expect re: menopause and talk about options for making that as pleasant as possible.

Great ideas, thanks!

I should also mention that I had my saliva tested a few yrs ago and am now on natural bioidentical progesterone cream (Emerita)-I researched all this myself when I wasn't feeling good and found out I was estrogen dominant (get the testing done through a natural bioidentical pharmacy)

So I'm not big on taking a bunch of meds and stuff. I like the idea of getting tested for diabetes too-I do have a family history and would have forgotten to ask about that-glad I started this thread-thank you!