Menu

Math Curriculum similar to Saxon Investigations

Mbelle

My son has just about finished Saxon 7/6 and he does really like the Investigations part of the book.  

Does anyone know of a pre-algebra curriculum that includes more of that type of work?  

He's halfway through 6th grade if that makes a difference.

Hmmm....you basically want a math that begins with hands on, real-life experience and then practices after that.  That's what the Investigations do.  Try re-wording your title.

Meanwhile...I can't think of anything....maybe Math U See.  It's not hands, and real-life examples but it does always begin with hands on and then work toward understanding.  But I don' tknow if jumping into MUS at this point is possible.  It's not exactly what you are asking for anyway...

Thanks for the responses!

DS does well at math, but he really likes science and inventions or creating ideas better.  He really actually loves the investigations.  He doesn't like regular math at all, but he usually gets all or nearly all the problems correct.  I think the investigations make him think a little differently so that it's not boring for him.  I started to wonder if he needed another type of curriculum.