Menu

Here I sit....2:30am on the East Coast....

I am sitting here with my 12 year old son doing a neb treatment. I have a call into the doc hoping to take him in to see them in the morning. His peak flows are with in normal range but he is wheezing a little and has developed a cough. This is the kid that has allergy induced asthma. He has never had any problems with physical exertion. Today he did.

Got a call tonight that one of my adopted mom's....foster parent's....passed away. She died of a sudden brain hemorrhage. They were one of the few families that ever showed me what it meant to be a part of real family. The viewing is on Thursday and the funeral on Friday. That was difficult.

On top of that I am having to do some assignments that I would rather not be doing.....on the advice of my Christian counselor.

Worried about my son and a little sad....I have much to rejoice though in regard to Mom Mcgee....she was a wonderful and dear lady and I can be happy that I know where she is right now. She isn't suffering anymore at least.

Anyone know any good jokes? I could use one right now.....:001_huh:

Ginger :grouphug:

I'm an east-coaster who is still up too. My problems are very minimal compared to what you are dealing with. Here is a silly little joke for you:

Why did the tomato blush?

...he saw the salad dressing. :lol:

Don't know any good jokes right now. Sorry that you are having such problems right now. I'm sorry about your son, mine periodically gets allergy induced asthma as well. BTDT! Hang in there Ginger.

He hasn't had any problems in the last 3 years so I should be grateful. But when he does....it is major. I'm sure you know what I mean.....thanks.

Ginger :grouphug:

I'm an east-coaster who is still up too. My problems are very minimal compared to what you are dealing with. Here is a silly little joke for you:

Why did the tomato blush?

...he saw the salad dressing. :lol:

:lol: Okay...that was actually pretty good!!! I am sitting here smiling....:001_smile:

:grouphug:

Thanks for the hugs Laura....my husband graduated from Kubasaki High School on Okinawa..

I don't know what it is with the east coast tonight.

Ginger, here's another one for you since the other silly joke got a smile!

Why did the chicken cross the playground?

...To get to the other slide.

OK, one more.

Why did the turkey cross the playground?

...It was the chicken's day off.

Keep smiling, Ginger. We'll keep praying for you that your night will pass quickly and uneventfully.

I'm sitting here waiting to check his peak flows again.

I am also trying to figure out how to get the boys to a b'day party at noon on Thursday. Pick up my friend and go to the counseling appointments at 3 and 4. Make it back from Manassas, pick my kids and husband up and drive an hour and half away for a viewing.

Oh...I forgot I have to take my niece home also. I am thinking stay with the sister and don't come home till after the funeral.

I really don't mind the boys missing the b'day party. I will check with them. This is a pesky neighbor with a great kid. One of those you love the kids....and the parents are well.....our dog has been debarked because of this neighbor. Still like the kid.....

Can't miss the counseling appointment....not after the revelation I had concerning something that was traumatic. I am a little TICKED on that one....my husband thinks this is great.

I have to be at the funeral and viewing...I can't miss this after what this family did for me......

You know....I am big (wink, wink) enough....if I could divide myself....that would help me do it all.......:D

Bare with the humor, sick though it is.....folks.

Yay....peak flow numbers are back up.....Now I am looking for a snack....

Cute Lisa.....:lol:

I asked my daughter and son....my daughter got the chicken one....

When I asked the turkey joke.....Her 14 year old reply was, "To escape the rabid two year olds wanting Thanksgiving dinner....."

:glare:

:lol:

:lol:

What a riot!

OK, here's another one for them then:

Why did the Roman chicken cross the road?

She was afraid someone would Caeser!

And one more for good measure and then I am finally off to try to sleep.

Why did the chicken cross the road half way?

He wanted to lay it on the line!

I hope your son is okay, and that you mind can rest a bit about what come on Thursay. You will get it all done, you are Super Mom didn't you get that memo? As far a jokes, I have a chicken one for ya from Texas

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To prove to the armadillio it could be done.

Hugs and Strength:grouphug:

Thank you for all the jokes.....they have put a smile on my face.

Son is doing better this morning. I finally got him an appointment but it is for tomorrow at 9:10. I forgot they were busy doing back to school physicals.

The loss of my adopted mom hurts. In my selfishness, what hurt the most was being left out.

They were my guardians and always tell people they have an adopted daughter. When it came to the obituary, I was left out. I know, I know, it's stupid.

Growing up the way I did and no one ever wanting me....it just struck at the heart that here again....no one wants me, no one wants to claim me. I belong to no one.

I guess that is part of why I am back in counseling. To finally put an end to what was started years ago......

I know I am being silly.......it just hurt. I understand. I really do.....it's just when you tell the world you are someone's child then....oh well. Like I said I am just being overly emotional.

Thank you for all the jokes and well wishes. Y'all are great people.

Ginger,

I am just now reading this thread and am so sorry for the loss of your adopted mom. I'm also sorry you got left out of the obit. - that's hard to take. I, too, want to affirm that you are very much wanted and loved. I have enjoyed getting to know you in just this short time. Emily is enjoying getting to know Colleen - we'd love it if you both (and the boys) could make it to our VBS. The adults are going to be watching videos (usually of the Answers in Genesis or missionary story type) while the younger ones are in their classes. Come just for the diversion if nothing else.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Here is my joke:

What do you know when you see three elephants wearing pink sweatshirts?

They're all on the same team :).

Thanks everyone...I told you I was being silly. There has just been so much going on here....and I was all ready in an emotionally fragile state so that just heightened it. Yes, I know they loved me....and that is all that counted. it just hurt a little......

Thanks for all the jokes...keep em coming.....at least they are making me smile....:001_smile:

Kathleen...Colleen was supposed to ask Emily if the boys could come. I didn't realize the parents were invited to hang around also. We would love to come and participate.

I'll check with Colleen and see if she has gotten an email back from Emily yet on times and such.

I'm doing better today. I got some great news about a friend and that was amazing.

Due to the nature of my counseling session this afternoon (not being sure how bad it will be....) we are going to skip the viewing and just attend the funeral.

Thanks for all the jokes....:lol: