Menu

s/o Speaking of Practical Christmas Gifts

coffeegal

• 4 weeks later...

Practical gifts??  Who are they for (family, friends, co-workers, etc.)??

Some ideas I'm using this year:

soaps.....I love really good quality soaps, nice chunky bars that smell awesome and last a long time.  If you want to make a "set" then a soap or 2 and a plush towel or washcloth

kitchen....  nice wooden spoon or spatula.  You could do several spoons or combos; or a single spoon and nice dishtowels. 

socks!  Love, love socks...warm toasty socks.  This year I've purchased socks and colorful shoelaces for stocking stuffers.

hat and mitten sets or scarf and mittens

consumable items are also a good idea: favorite hand cream, body lotion, foot scrubs, bath oil, bath salt, etc.  Again, make it a set with a nice washcloth or cute scubby thingy.  Last year, oldst dd got a really cute set that included an extra wide nail file, really cute washcloth, nail polish, and hand cream.  It was nice because everything was purchased individually and put together just for her. 

Hot cocoa mix and a nice mug

3 years ago, I was given a loaf of homemade bread with a jar of jam wrapped in a nice kitchen towel with a hot pad. 

one of yongest dd's favorite practical gifts has been "beddy bears."  The microwavable heat packs that feel so toasty on a cold day.

Not sure if any of that is what you are looking for or not.....but HTH