Menu

First Form Latin....is hard!

KrissiK

So, my fifth grader and I are doing FFLatin and we are enjoying it. It's an excellent curriculum, but it is hard (pluperfect, anyone? I'd never heard the word before doing this program, much less knew what tense it was) and I'm just wondering if anyone truly gets it done in a year and is able, then, to do Second Form Latin the next year? My DS is reasonably bright and he doesn't balk at doing Latin, in fact, he does like it, but he tends to need a lot of review and so do I. I'm a little worried. Are we going to finish this in a year? In the great scheme of things, it doesn't really matter, I'm more concerned with mastery, so we'll take our time, but I'm just wondering if anyone is able to complete it in a year. Or should I just content myself with him making his way through Third Form by 8th grade and then....who knows. The penciled in plan is for him to go to Christian High School, so that will be the end of Latin for him.