Menu

cd rom or dvd curricula?

solascriptura

I'll be going away for two weeks early next year and my parents will be watching the kids.  Last time they watched them, the kids ended up watching 6-8 hours of tv a day.  :glare: Now, don't get me wrong.  I am so grateful that my parents are so eager and willing to help me, but I wanted to provide some more structure so that they will not be wasting their days away.  Any ideas?  Absolutely, I do not expect my mother to school my kids in anyway nor would it work.  She is not a native English speaker and she is their doting grandma.  If I instruct my kids to do so and so lessons a day, they will do it. 

Any suggestions?  The older two are in 4th and 2nd grade.  Thanks in advance.

I've been using MobyMax online for when I have schedule issues with our school day.  Its not dvd or cdrom but its child friendly and could cover math, LA, writing and vocab.  Add in an audio book for history or science with chapters assigned and that could be OK for a few weeks of school with Grandma.  I've had to leave my kiddos with my in-law for three weeks and I tried to have simple video and worktext type work for them to do.  Does Grandma like to cook? maybe a unit on cooking?  If you won't have internet access then maybe a couple Magic School Bus videos with pre-prepared worksheet or writing assignment and a Liberty Kids type series with similar work; add math.