Menu

Not sure whether OM is working

Halcyon

Yup, the knitting stuff is just almost scary in how it can help. See if you can get her to walk too, and maybe some cursive handwriting remediation or "zentangling". Scientists don't really understand how this works, but it is does. The brain has incredible potential to heal itself, but often we don't know exactly how to get it to do that. Also 2 handed drawing is supposed to be good. Augsburg New Drawing has 2 handed drawing exercises.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/359033-augsburg-drawing-free-and-awesome-and-complete-1-8/

Waldorf math is mostly just a combination of Grube's methods, storytelling and math journals.

Here is a thread on Grube's method.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/409801-grubes-method-of-teaching-arithmetic-why-havent-i-heard-of-this/

I'll bet your library has some books on storytelling.

You can see some examples of "math mainlesson" books at Google images. But also just learning more about math journaling in general.

The link above to the free Augsburg Drawing includes "crayon painting" lessons that are quite helpful for Waldorf type drawing.

Instead of "form drawing" borders, study patterns, doodling, zentangles and celtic knotwork. Even cursive letter practice with or without embellishment makes great borders.

Thank you Hunter.  

I am not stalking you, I just keep finding stuff I am looking into and you happen to post on it.  I guess that means I should thank you for finding stuff!

:lol: You are not the first person who has said this. :D I'm glad I could help!