Menu

Curriculum advice for 5 more weeks of morning sickness

Clpretzel

I'm going to sign the little people up for Reading Eggs with the free 5 week trial from HSLDA.  DD10 will be doing Dragonbox on Ipad and a lot of Typing Tutor, as well as just reading.  She's easier.  I've downloaded loads of audio books.  I have a prime membership, but not sure how to weed through all the documentaries.   

I'm going to sign the little people up for Reading Eggs with the free 5 week trial from HSLDA.  DD10 will be doing Dragonbox on Ipad and a lot of Typing Tutor, as well as just reading.  She's easier.  I've downloaded loads of audio books.  I have a prime membership, but not sure how to weed through all the documentaries.   

I've got codes for another 7 weeks free on Reading Eggs at the bottom of my blog post review of them.

Also kids can learn a lot from the free games on PBSKids.org, especially the Super Why, Cat in the Hat, Sid the Science Kid, and Wild Kratts games and video clips.

I've been there with all three kids :( Honestly if it were me, it's only 5 weeks. Have them read (or listen to audio books), play math games on the iPad, and watch science and history documentaries on Netflix streaming. Don't stress about it, don't worry about it. It's 5 weeks, they'll probably learn a lot actually, and you can just lay on the couch and rest.

Side note, I had chronic all day horrible nausea with all three kids (for the full 40 weeks with the second one) and I learned about this with the last baby. It was truly the only thing that worked (I do realize how insane it sounds): http://karenhurd.com/pages/healthtopics/specifichealthconcerns/ht-shc-morningsickness.html

Best wishes to you!