Menu

Science Fusion Can I hear your review or opinon of it?

bnwhitaker

We supplemented what he's learning with Great Courses and other curriculum. You don't need to do that, but we had to rush through the Motion, Forces and Energy module because the license was going to expire. I found using just the digital side and then supplementing is a fun way to go as well. Ds actually prefers it this way. Unless doing science at 11pm at night is normal. :001_huh: He liked to do it at night instead of reading before bed. He was getting good grades in it, so I wasn't quite sure how to feel about it. On the one hand, he's self-starting and independent. On the other, it's 11pm at night, is science that easy? Go to bed!

I'm planning on using The Human Body module for part of his Health class. We are also going to finish up the physical science modules with Sound and Light.

Haha - science at 11 at night - sounds like my son. Would you mind sharing which Great Courses you guys like? Thank you.

Stefanie

Just for science? or all of them :p

We have:

Physics and Our Universe

Physics in your Life

Nutrition Made Clear - part of Health course - you could find this info on the internet. It's just nice to have them all in one spot.

I've been tempted by the Biology lecture since it's on Audible, but ds doesn't like audio only and I think for science especially, you need the visuals. That may be just me though.

We have but have not used the Oceanography one yet. I got it last Christmas for super cheap.

He found the Meteorology one a bit boring, but my dad liked it. He's a Meteorology nut though.

One I don't have that I've heard a lot of good things about is the Joy of Science course. That one is an overview and can definitely be an easy supplemental lecture series. I prefer these sorts of courses to the single subject ones because they stretch out farther. Sigh..maybe next sale.

Thank you, Jen!