Menu

When you cook boneless skinless chicken on George Foreman grill, do you pound them first?

HappyGrace

Just got one from a garage sale-new in box but it's an older model. It says to pound the ckn brsts first-do you do this? Or filet them in half to make them thinner? Or just cook them as is?

How long do you generally cook them for-whether pounded or fileted in half or regular thickness?

Any other tips for GF Grill cooking? Favorite recipes, etc?

It's not the one w/ removable plates -will it be easy to clean or a pain in the neck?

I do both- cut them in half to make them thinner and then pound them to make them uniformly thin.  I get my Griddler (Cuisinart's version of the George Foreman grill) really hot and then put the chicken on. In like 3 minutes the chicken is done. 

The chicken breasts these days seem huge.  I recently just popped the breasts in without cutting/pounding and they not only took forever to cook, they were rubbery by the time they were done all the way through. 

we have a old one without the removable plates.  We mostly cook salmon on it.  After I remove the salmon, I unplug the grill and then while it is still hot I squeeze a soapy sponge on the attached plates and close the lid.  I put the drip plate under the front and empty it a couple of times with the soapy water and all the gunk which comes right off.  I then have a sponge that I use only for the grill and I only have to lightly go over the plates to remove any left over gunk.  It is actually easier than I  have made it sound.

Jeannie-I like your cleaning idea! Mine also has the non-removable plates. How do you get the soapy water on the top plate? Just squeeze it on and let it drip down?

Tonight I put wet paper towels in there while it was warm and closed it (saw this on youtube) and it was just ok-I think your idea would be better, thanks!

Annie-I agree on the size of the ckn breasts! Thanks for the tip.