Menu

MCT Confusion, Help

StartingOver

I want to try out just the vocabulary for starters. I know the first level is Building Language and Teachers. But for the second level are there 3 parts? Then it mentions and updated version. So tell me what I need?

Caesar's English I, Classical Education Student

Caesar's English I, Implementation Manual

Caesar's English I, Student book

Caesar's English I, Teachers book

Then there is ...

Caesar's English I, Classical Education Edition (In Two Parts)  978-0-88092-464-9

So what the heck do I want? Someone tell me. I don't want to purchase the whole kit and kaboodle right now.

• 5 months later...

I have the CE 1 Classical Edition with student and implementation manuals. I wanted the updated version with the photos, and since I bought it at convention, there was a discount for buying both. The Implementation book is huge, and I do think it will fall apart with kids using it. They aren't kidding about that. The student book is bound into two volumes for that reason. The implementation manual has some discussion up front, answer key, etc. I don't know if it's necessary to have both--we haven't used it much. It made vocabulary drag on forever. I do plan to use it again when we do world history so that my son can read the essays about Rome and such. It might work with my other kiddo when the time comes. If you do the word searches and stuff like that, the implementation manual has only the completed puzzles in it.

I might benefit if I wait to purchase them. But what's the different between the implementation manual and the teacher's manual?

There are 2 Editions to Caesar's English; Caesar's English I, Classical Education Edition and Caesar's English I.  The Implementation Manual is the Teacher's book for the Classical Edition.  Here is what you need for each.

Caesar's English I, Classical Education Edition:

Caesar's English I, Classical Education Edition, Student (2 volume set for the student)

Caesar's English I, Classical Education Edition, Implementation Manual (1 volume for the parent)

Caesar's English I:

Caesar's English I, Student Book

Caesar's English I, Teacher Manual

The Caesar's English I, Classical Education Edition, Student Book is supposed to come out in full color sometime this month.