Menu

Saxon What type of paper

The upper grades have a grid sheet in one of the books that we copy, one for every lesson.  If more room is needed you can take any type, though I prefer blank sheets and dividing it into four squares so there is plenty of room for the student to show all work - step by step.

The lower grades (k-3) had worksheets, front and back.

Jim

It totally depends on your child.  My son absolutely needed the graph paper for 5/4 and 6/5 and now no longer needs it to keep everything neat and aligned. 

My dd on the other hand, is frustrated by the grid and totally ignores the little boxes as if they did not exist.  But since she lines things up neatly, I will just switch her to regular paper.

Some people also take a regular notebook and turn it sideways. THis is good if the SIZE of your child's numbers are consistent, but the ALIGNMENT is the problem.  Graph paper only needs to be used if your child has a problem BOTH with size AND alignment.

Amazon.com has the best graph paper book at the best price I have ever found.  It's more expensive than the MIller Pads one, but it is printed on BOTH sides which saves trees, money, and makes more sense.  

http://www.amazon.com/Notebook-Quadrille-Recycled-Assorted-74112/dp/B0017D8Q3W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1376258801&sr=8-2&keywords=graph+paper+notebook

The upper grades have a grid sheet in one of the books that we copy, one for every lesson.  If more room is needed you can take any type, though I prefer blank sheets and dividing it into four squares so there is plenty of room for the student to show all work - step by step.

The lower grades (k-3) had worksheets, front and back.

Jim

Are you referring to the sheets in the back of the worksheet packet? They look just like graph paper, but broken up into rectangles?

Are you referring to the sheets in the back of the worksheet packet? They look just like graph paper, but broken up into rectangles?

Yes.  I copy that, both sides, for each lesson.  The idea is that they learn to keep the work neat.  I would also suggest you have your student either box the final answer or highlight it.  All this is an attempt to have them prepared for the more complicated work that comes later. 

Jim