Menu

Apples and Pears Spelling.......

Chloe

I haven't been using it very long, but hopefully someone else with more experience will chime in. I am using Book 1 with my dd6 and ds7. My dd started at the beginning, it's mostly phonics review and handwriting, but it's a good start for her. My ds started with lesson 15, when sentence dictation begins. I break each lesson up into three or four days for my ds, he gets discouraged if he has to write too much. We spend maybe 10 minutes on this four days a week. My kids don't have learning challenges and I think this program was built for dyslexic students and then mainstreamed. However, if I were to design a spelling curriculum to fit my kids (and my own) styles, this is what I would design! I also liked that I could see the entire book before I bought the program.

ds 12 is halfway through bk C and it is going great. We do 2 lessons a week, 1 lesson lasting 2 days and it takes about 10-15 minutes. I finally see it transferring to his other work. He doesn't exactly love it, but he likes that he doesn't have to study spelling lists to be tested on Friday. It is kind of expensive but it seems to be working for him.

We tried spelling Power and sequential spelling before this.

Elm:)