Menu

How to schedule BJU Science 6 & 7

Chris in CA

I just did this for grade 6 science. Do you have the activity book along with the textbook?

I almost ordered the teacher's book to have the lessons broken out for me and then I began looking at the activity book and noticed that the pages have corresponding lesson numbers on them and from that information I was able to break it up in per day lessons based on those numbers - I think it ends up averaging about two week or three weeks per chapter but there is some variety in the lengths of the chapters.

HTH

Janet

The TE breaks BJU Science 6 out into 165 lessons, which means you would do the lessons daily.

Last year we did BJU Science 5 daily (following the TE) and it took about 30min. to read, discuss and do the worktext. I'm not sure if my ds would have been able to do an hour of science because there was alot of details in each lesson. Many days we were on information overload after 30 min.

Do you have the TE? It is worth it because in addition to the lessson plans it has ideas for setting up each lesson, discussion questions and enrichment activities for hands-learning. If you search the used curriculum boards you can get the TE second hand to save money.