Menu

Miller and Levine Biology digital courseware?

Has anyone who has chosen to use or even just researched the digital courseware at the Pearson site tell me a little more about it? Am I right in assuming that this would take the place of the hardbound textbook? I have searched previous threads, but I could not find any addressing this. I am interested in this because there is an option that includes a virtual lab that is cheaper than buying it separately. Also, anyone who has chosen to go this route, which teacher's access option(with virtual lab) did you choose? (I have no idea why they have one option, then offer an upgrade one. I'm assuming I would just need the regular one)

Thanks!

I can't figure out what the digital courseware means/includes. When you buy the textbook w online access, you get full access to all their online, digital course materials. We never used the physical book although we have it and dd might use it, she doesn't like reading on screen as much as ds does. I see the price including virtual labs and could see the benefit there, but we did hands on labs. I don't know if you get teacher access with the digital courseware. I wouldn't trade the virtual labs for the teacher access, but that is just me.

Following Handmaiden's instructions you so kindly referenced in one of the other threads :001_smile: , I was able to use the same process to get the digital courseware teacher w/virtual lab access free. Before I completed the order, I just wanted to see if anybody else had tried it. Hopefully that is the only difference, whether you want the physical book or digital book. I probably won't use the virtual labs for everything, but I figured it might be nice to have for those times when I don't have all the supplies required, or we get behind. It's also cheaper to get it as a package deal instead of separately.

Thanks for your reply.

I did find this on of their FAQs pages.

Q: What’s the difference between a Digital Course or Courseware and a Standalone eText?

A:  Digital Courseware products include the online and mobile eText plus all other online course              materials for students and teachers such as assessments, games, activities, animations, videos, lessons, etc. The online eText portion of the full digital course can be accessed on mobile tablets as well.

In contrast to full digital course, the standalone eText product offers only the digital textbook (in both its PC/MAC and mobile versions) without any online course materials, and at a reduced price from the complete Digital Courseware.

This makes me think everything would be the same except for not having the physical book.