Menu

Attn: current or former Math Mammoth users

strange_girl

I have been focused on finding a math that would work for my young but academically advanced DD. I really love CLE math, but...she's young and the workload is just too much for her. I have finally (after trying many programs including Singapore, aBeka, Horizons, CLE, CLP) discovered Math Mammoth, which really seems to suit her and is challenging enough without being an impossible work load.

Anyway, this is the question: can you (or have you) used the Blue Series as a complete curriculum?

Is there an advantage to using the Light Blue grade series?

Thanks in advance!

You definitely can use the Blue series as a complete curriculum. In fact for us that is preferable often as ds may have mastered the 4B geometry chapter but not the 4B long division or vice versa. The Blue and Light Blue contain the same material just organized differently.

I believe there are quizzes and tests in the Light Blue series. You're so right. ;)

We are both really enjoying the regular Blue series, and the lack of tests is really not a selling point with me. If she knows it, she knows it. Is that the only difference between the two?