Menu

Very Aggressive Child -- WWYD

Swellmomma, you nailed it that the mother's denial is what makes it a very serious situation. I has a friend whose son did something that resulted in his adjudication as a juvenile sex offender at age 12. We continued to associate with them (she has a daughter DD's age and a son my son's age), visiting at their house with their son there, without too much worry, because she was NOT in denial about her son's issues. She has gotten him into therapy and indeed was the one who reported the incident to the authorities. She did everything a parent could do in such a situation, and implemented everything necessary to keep her other children safe while also fighting for her son's future and well-being, and his whereabouts in the house were constantly monitored. Had she been in denial, I'd have not taken my children into that situation, and would have contacted the authorities out of concern for her younger children.

Denial is not helping the OP's friend's child. It is also putting her younger son and other children in her care in danger. And that is why the authorities need to be involved. It sounds like the OP made a step in the right direction.

I agree with swell momma and ravin. Honestly, the behavior in the OP wasn't nice, but I didn't find it particularly alarming as a one or two-time incident. But, with the additional information of the mother's reaction and the fact that these other incidents involved children she is supposed to be caring for, my opinion changes completely.