Menu

Hoping you can suggest a meal planning site or app...

Seasider

that would let me request the following parameters:

Gluten free

Nut free

Calorie level (1200, 1500, 1800)

I would like it to generate a meal plan using simple components (ie, not a bunch of complicated, expensive recipes with unusual foods that my child will predictably refuse to easy). And a shopping list would be great.

Maybe I am asking for the impossible, but if not, my bet is someone here will know about it!

I do not know of such a site. However, what I would like is for my fairy godmother to produce a kitchen fairy who will make gluten free, healthy recipes for me, and high calorie, high fat, no sugar, low grain, no chemicals meals for my ds on the special 3500 calorie per day diet that keeps me hopping planning for it all.the.time.

So, if anyone has seasider's magic website AND knows of a kitchen fairy available for employment, I'm all ears.

At any rate, if it were an application in which one could plug in a variety of dietary parameters and have it spit out simple meals and shopping lists for it, I'd be interested because maybe it would help me think of some variety for ds. I'm okay with the fact that my diet is not particularly varied. But, he gets rather bored at times. I'm not creative. I.hate.cooking!

Faith

If you find this app, please post it!  That would be ideal.

The kitchen fairy has yet to visit our house, despite numerous invitations.  

I've been using the app Food On the Table. It's not a fit, but you can plug in your own recipes or follow their links to a ton of blogs and websites.  It even connects with Pioneer Woman's blog.  It also suggests meals per your local store's weekly sales and makes lists.  

I posted a code with a promo for free lifetime membership not too long ago.  Still using it.  :)  Without the code, I think it's $5 a month.  I greatly prefer the code!  

I use Plan to Eat, and because you enter your own recipes in, you would set your own parameters.

I realize you are probably looking for one with meals already planned, but you might take a look at Plan to Eat.  It is quite simple to add recipes you find on the internet to your recipe collection, and then you just click, drag, and drop them into a calendar.  You can save weeks or even months of plans and drop the whole plan into a calendar.

Then, you can generate a shopping list (which you can access on a phone or other mobile device) that you can add or delete items.

There are actually quite a few other options as well (such as nutritional info for each recipe), but I really haven't needed many of the other features.

I've been using the service for almost 3 years, and I still love it!