Menu

Order chemicals now

If you plan on ordering the standard chemical kit from Elemental Scientific to go along with Thompson's Illustrated Guide to Home Chemistry experiments, you should probably order now. Julie in KY wasn't kidding about their slow order fulfillment. I placed my order on May 24th and now, 49 days later, I still don't have my order and am not holding my breath. I have spoken to them twice and while they seem very nice, there doesn't seem to be any hurry. They were happy to send me the first chemicals I needed if I needed them soon.

Wow. I've always gotten the bulk of my order shipped within about a month, except this last time. When I called, they had my order ready, but had a problem with my credit card and hadn't informed me. My credit card company changed my number a few weeks after I ordered and I hadn't thought to tell ES. I order from them once or twice a year and I about fell over the one time that my order was actually shipped the next week.

As I've said before, their website is annoying and I think they make some poor business decisions, but I can't beat their prices for home orders of chemicals, so I plan ahead and expect slowness.