Menu

Math drills/review supplement to go with MM?

mangosink

My DD is doing MM 6. Her computation test scores have dropped a little since we went from Saxon to MM. What is a good review book that focuses on computation? I'd also like a review book that gives jut a few problems (from various topics) to do each day. We were using Math 4 Today, but ut only goes through 5th grade.

Thanks!

For Math Facts check out Dads Worksheets. 

Or Rocket Math - this is expensive and Dads Worksheets is pretty much the same and FREE.

Both above need to facts to be handwritten - this has its own merits.

For online practice check out - xtramath.org. Its free.

Timez Attack (http://www.bigbrainz.com) -  I cant praise this enough. My son learnt all his math facts from this programme. Wonderful support. A free version is available which has all math facts. Only downside is it can take a long time - mine kept monkeying around with the character. XtraMath in comparision is short.

Both monitor results and focus on facts the kids get wrong.

We also are doing Math Mammoth 6 and we like Math Minutes workbooks for keeping things fresh.  Ten quick problems per page (designed to be one page per day) that review everything DS has learned so far:  the four basic operations, fractions, order of operations, decimals, etc.  Goes through grade 7.  Grade 6 sample pages here

ETA:  Also, for anyone else reading, the author of Math Mammoth just came out with a line of review workbooks.  She says they would be redundant if you already own the Light Blue program though.  And they currently only go to grade 5, so no help for those of us that are past grade 5 already.