Menu

S/O High School Transcript

I need to submit a high school transcript as part of my son's documentation requirements for a class he is taking next year. I am using Microsoft Word. I am arranging the transcript by subject and would like to make a vertical text column that spans each topic like "8" did in the file she linked (only hers is in Excel and I don't know how to do it in that either and my table in Word is complete except for this addition)

Is there a way to "attach" this vertical text column to the table I have in Word?

Select your left column, right click over the highlighted column and choose Insert:Insert Column to the left

Select the new column, right click over the highlighted column and choose Text Direction.  Choose the direction of the text you want and click OK.  Right click again over the column and choose Cell Alignment and choose center horizontally and vertically (the middle box)

Select the cells in the new column that you want to combine, right click over those cells and choose Merge cells

Type in the subjects in the cells

Select the column on last time, place the cursor over the right hand line so you get a cursor that looks like a double line with two arrows and double click on the right side line to automatically adjust the column width.

You may need to adjust another column's width or change the margins of the page to make it fit on one page.

HTH